Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bronze Have More Fun! - Winter Makeup Buys & Thoughts



Hello there!

It’s been pretty cold and horrible on the Sunshine coast for the last week and with my skin looking an awkward shade of purple I decided I needed to look a little more bronzed. I was gifted by my lovely friend Phoebe the Sugar Baby 'Bronze Have More Fun' - cosmetic palette for eyes & lips. The shades of eye shadows go from a really nice light off white to a dark kind of off browny grey colour. Perfect for a subtle smoky eye or a really nice tanned look. The Palette also includes 6 bright lip colours that I think are perfect for winter. I hate seeing greys & monochrome colours all the time through winter – sometimes a pop of colour is just what you need.

Also gifted by the wonderful Phoebe was the Sugar Baby 'Drive Me Balmy' Island Body Balm. This stuff is amazing! If this was person I would elope to Vegas with it! This beautiful whipped body balm has a combination of citrus fragrances such as Grapefruit, Star fruit, Cassis Leaves, Passion flower, Papaya Blossom & Shea Butter, Apricot and coconut oils. How can one thing be so perfect! It smell like unicorn fur - no joke.

I picked up the Glow With It marble bronzer from Sportsgirl for $12.95. Being Extremely pale (I buy my foundation in the lightest shade they have) I was worried that it would be a little to much & I’d look like an iced birthday cake- much to my surprise it was great! I went for the marble because the original Sportsgirl one looked very harsh where as this one worked so well!!! It’s nice not to look purple extremely pale in winter, instead to have a little glow on the face & chest.


A bright pop of colour on the lips always seems to brighten my day! - Especially in winter.
If you're wanting to continue with the bronzed goddess theme the Burt's Bee's Lip Shimmer in the shade Caramel is for you! When on the lips it tastes like spearmint & feels cool & refreshing. With a rough texture it felt as though my lips were being exfoliated while I was wearing it - now my lips are nice & soft!

I bought the Sportsgirl lipstick in Tropo 3336 which is a very bright orangey pink colour. The Rimmel ColourStay lipstick in Ultimate Suede is a less orange version of Tropo - also with a little added shimmer. When wearing any colour stay lip product I always wear a balm (Chapstick - Original) over the top other wise I'm left with dry cracked lips. Both lipsticks just bring a loud pop of colour to any day!

I have a scary obsession with Rimmel products so when I purchase the Apocalips Lip Lacquers how could I not go past this shade. 303 Apocaliptic is to die for. It's long lasting & when eating food you don't get the weird line around your lips from the product wearing off. It stains them and is very hard to get off but while wearing this out everyone will notice.

That's all from me for now. If you wanna stalk me you can follow me on Instagram @rileyjxo, I will follow back if you mention in a comment that you’ve read this blog post. 

Be kind to one another.





No comments:

Post a Comment