The following is an explanation of where the hell my life is heading…
I plan ahead, now sometimes my plans don’t always go to plan because I also happen to be the queen of procrastination (In fact I was meant to write this post 2 days ago) however my future (after high school) is something that I really had thought long and hard about. I’ve always had dreams and aspirations, but I also love that I have mischievous streak and spontaneity about myself, it’s one of the things that makes me ‘me’. Naturally my sense of adventure and grabbing life with two hands has therefore influenced what I want to do with my life.
The Next Five Years
The next five years may happen to be the most terrifying and thrilling in my whole life! I’ve recently started working at a local fish and chip shop, so that’s bringing in some extra money! Every shift I’m putting $10 away for my retirement – may seem stupid but I’d like to be able to own my own home one day & my own fashion label.
These holidays coming in January my parents are taking me on a once in a lifetime trip to America, as our last major family holiday. Where going to San Francisco, Steam Boat Colorado (skiing), Las Vegas and 3 magical days in Disney Land! I seriously can’t contain my excitement!
I’m starting my senior year next year which means lots of study and hard work, but not all work and no play – Formal, Graduation & Choosing the Design schools I’m applying for (I’m really keen at getting into the Whitehouse Institute of Design located in the heart of my favourite city Melbourne). Speaking of design I’m working on some different options for my formal dress – This will definitely feature in another post, because I need your trusted advice and constructive criticism!
If all goes to plan I’d love to move to Melbourne after high school. The creative people and city really just draw me in. I’m probably your typical teenage blogger I’ll follow my heart to where there’s good food, live alternative music and beautiful unique vintage clothing pieces. Sounds like absolute bliss!
I also hope to grow and share my blog with new readers. As I mature, grow and learn for the people around me I want to share my discoveries with all of you!
Bucket List | Before The Big 30
I put a big emphasis on creating ‘moment’s’ and my bucket list is no different. I felt like I had to give myself some kind of time limit otherwise nothing would get done so I chose the big 30, that’s 14 years (I’m 16 currently). I would be more than ecstatic if I was to complete these things before 30
*Squeals with excitement*
but… I would find it more than satisfactory if I were able to complete around 80% of them. Some of these things may seem trivial – it’s not like I’ve written down “Solve world hunger”, “Cure the world of all infectious diseases” or “Abolish the wearing of galaxy tights”. They mean something significant to me and I think that’s what a bucket list should be about.
- Live Overseas for a year
- Own a piece of Valentino Clothing
- Read a 1000 books from cover to cover
- Go to India for Holi Day - Ride an elephant
- Attend One Night Stand Music Festival
- Write a Novel
- Over come fear of Camels
- Design my formal dress
- Go skinny dipping - exotic location
- See the Northern Lights
- Go to a drive in scary movie
- Go to Carnevale in Venice
- Send a message in a bottle
- Star gaze in the middle of no where
- Go to the French Quarter, New Orleans during Mardi Gras
- Visit Disney Land
- Grow daisies on my balcony
- See the Sistine Chapel, Rome
- Do something generous for a complete stranger
- Watch the sunrise over Prague
- Write a 1000 blog posts
- Adopt a pet rabbit
- Make a wish in the Trevi Fountain, Rome
- Buy a homeless person dinner & a room for the night
- Send someone an anonymous gift
- Take a photo a day of my friends in 2015 - My senior year
- Organise a massive water balloon fight for all the seniors at school
- Start my own business
- Create a secret family recipe
- Help organise a 10 year reunion for the class of 2015
- Swim in a pool at night covered in glow paint
- Make a sick child's dream come true
- Pack a bag and jump on the next flight
- Put away $10 every time I receive my pay or money as a gift - for my retirement
- Rent a beach house in 5 years and get the high school gang back together
- Go to fashion week in London and Paris
- Attend a real maskerade ball
- Trial being a vegetarian for a month
- Write a snail mail letter everyday to someone for a month
- Take part in Vlogtober
- Ask a random stranger out for coffee
- Create a picture book with a significant message aimed at adults
- Put a piece of bubble gum on the Seattle gum wall
- Take part in a peaceful protest
- See a show in the globe theatre
- Go to Vidcon or Playlist Live
- Go to a second hand book fair
- Make a fashion diary and Inspiration book for every big journey taken
- Be completely debt free
- Do a sticky not bomb inside someones school locker - Watch out friends!
- Make a 20 year photo time capsule
- Climb a mountain and just scream
- Be in times square for New Year's Eve
- Surprise visit my family once I've moved out
- Don't get a tattoo - it's just not my thing
So it's not perfect by any means and things will change, but I thought you might like a look into what will hopefully be my crazy life.