Saturday, April 11, 2015

> Girls Get Back to Nature





The rain this year put a stop to us going camping over the Easter weekend, so we decided to go camping the following weekend after the weather improved so much. I'm not a overly enthusiastic camper. I like a soft warm bed and all the warm comforts of home, however I don't mind being slightly uncomfortable and in return going on an fun trip. I am with that said no stranger to the outdoors with a few school camps out in the Australian bush up my sleeve. The best camping trip with school was by far in year 10 where we spent 2 weeks canoeing and hiking in the NSW bush with no showers or working toilets for most of the time. 

My parents and I aren't at that level of extreme camping yet so we headed off to Kenilworth Homestead about 2 hours away from where we live on the Sunshine Coast. The following is a collection of photographs and musings from my camping experience.



. Beauty . 
Make up is not needed, in my own opinion. The most I wore was a tinted moisturiser or BB cream to help keep my skin looking fresh. I think that the only beauty products you really need are face creams or a moisturiser, I also took my proactiv cleanser and other blemish control products because if I miss to many days not using proactiv my skin breaks out real bad! 
I also bought my Tinted Burt's Bee's Lip Balm in Red Dahlia because I can't stand my lips being chapped or cracked, in fact when I see other peoples lips that are chapped I feel like I need to recommend them a product.

. The Dress Code .
In the last couple of days it's gone from warm summer days to colder Autumn ones, so my wardrobe has mainly consisted of 
. Jeans . Loose T-shirts . Woolens . Old Calf & Ankle Boots . Jackets . Denim Shorts . Loose Long Cardigans . Floppy Hats . Beanies . Converse . Swimmers .
Wearing your older clothes is generally the best option, you might not look tumblr worthy but you then don't have to be frightened if anything gets ruined or comes back smelling like campfire smoke. 




. No Tech Please .
One of the biggest things that disappoints me about my generation is that we can't just disconnect from technology. I'm so guilty of this 10 times over, but at least i'm able to recognise it. One example I've used in the past it  that you're sitting at a bus stop waiting for the next bus to come, who pulls out their phone? *raises hand* You automatically put a barrier up between those around you in the physical world. It's like Gen Z has lost that chance to make awkward conversation with random people or space out and stare at their feet for 5 minutes because there is nothing else to do. It's not a waste of time or slowing in productivity, it's nice to watch the world go by. You can take my word for it.
So when camping I think you could live without your phone or at least your 4G for a few days.

. Stay Cool and Happy Beautiful Readers . 

6 comments:

  1. These photographs are so gorgeous, love having days in the countryside

    aforvogue

    New Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. Its nice to get out into the fresh air for a break every now and then.
      Riley xo

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, nice to see you've been enjoying the sunny weather especially with a dip in a river! Abi :)
    http://www. myw0rldmyview.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to enjoy the sunny weather whilst it lasts! With it being almost winter my swimmers will be thrown to the back of my closet for the next few months.
      Riley xo

      Delete
  3. The place that you went camping in looks lovely and very peaceful. I like it because you can really relax and unwind in this place, and it seems very private too. I'm hope you enjoyed it a lot. Here’s to more adventures to come, Riley! Cheers! :-)

    Andrea Wilkins @ Getaway Outdoors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your writing style and I promise to come again. My expertise is in the areas of Rubber Fashion,Lifestyle and Trending Clothing. I appreciate your efforts.
    womens new in clothing supplier

    ReplyDelete