Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Few Of My Favourite Things! - Beauty, Fashion & Other Wonderful Items




Hello there lovely readers,

I have no idea where this last month has gone with two weeks of brain numbing exams & then two weeks of holidays, it seems that June has run away from me and now were all half way through July!
I’ve been putting off this post for a while from both lack of inspiration & sleep deprivation.
Now that school is back into full swing I have noticed a few products lurking on my makeup shelf & on my desk just waiting to be featured.

Strawberry Shower Wash The Body Shop – This heavenly smelling liquid have been around for years. I remember my mother taking me to The Body Shop when I was little and buying the very similar smelling strawberry lip balm (Which I bought a new one of the other day…).  Made from strawberry seed oil & possibly unicorn extract, it is my second favorite body wash under Original Sources Mint & Green Tea Wash.

Daily Oil Control Proactiv - This stuff should be renamed liquid gold! I have very oily skin (Praying Hoping I'll grow out of it!), I put this on over my moisturiser in the morning and for most of the day my face is not oily at all! I've had this for that last 6 months and only now is it only starting to run out, it's lasted a lot longer than any other Proactiv products I've tried. I've also been drinking a lot more water around 5 water bottles a day which can seem like a lot but i'm trying to clear my skin up a bit more & one of the best ways is to drink water through out the day. I'd love to here any other tips you may have so feel free to comment below!

Aqua Splash Tangle Teezer - My hair has naturally big long curls so it's very easy to get my hair matted & looking like a birds nest. I find that if I brush my hair when it's dry it just goes frizzy & horrible, being able to use the new Tangle Teezer in my shower when running conditioner through my ends is possibly a life saver! The bristle are long and short removing little knots normal brushing can sometimes miss. I picked mine up from my hair dresses Bianca's Hair & Beauty Salon

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Mamba NEW - I do have to admit my favourite scent is Cherry but Mamba is a close second.  Batiste Dry Shampoo is always perfect between washes, it leaves my roots fresh & less oily. It also gives added body making my already voluminous curls even more bouncy! 

Daughter Of Smoke And Bone By Lani Taylor - I've read this book several times & it still remains one of my many favourites. You can read a good summary HERE. I like that it's a new concept not a reality/fantasy fiction thats be done before.

Washed out Denim Jacket from Dotti - Although this purchase was on the pricy end I was glad I picked it up. I see this piece as a staple almost everyone needs in there wardrobe. I was tired of constantly pulling out my cardigans when it go cold and looking like an eighty year old grandma. I can wear this over dresses or... heck anything really! Next time I feature some clothing I'll try it on so you can see how it fits - but currently i'm sitting in my pi's, under a cozy blanket, watching Master Chef. UPDATE - You can see it in a post HERE.

It seems to be mostly beauty favourites this month but I'm sure next time there will be more of a variety because I'm going shopping with my Aunt on the weekend - vintage shopping I think. If you enjoyed this post be sure to leave a comment on what you enjoyed & how I could improve! If you wanna stalk me you can follow my instagram @rileyjxo or my bloglovin account - link in right hand side column.   

Be kind to one another!




6 comments:

  1. Love the jacket! x
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog!
      Riley x

      Delete
  2. Hey! Thanks for stopping by. of course i'd love to, its always great connecting with other bloggers.
    Riley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the heavenly scent of The Body Shop Strawberry, especially in the body butter. Great post!

    http://youarebeaut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Body Shop strawberry scented products are by far my favourite, you need to get your hands on the matching body butter! And I love the denim jacket, I have one just like it and its perfect for layering over summer dresses! xx

    Love, Ashley Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I didnt know they made a matching body butter, going to pick that up on the weekend. :)Thanks for stopping by! x

      Delete